It’s frequent for airways to supply some type of standing problem or standing match program, so as to lure frequent flyers who’re loyal to competing airways, however are contemplating a swap. In the US, most main airways supply some type of a standing match problem alternative, together with Alaska, Delta, and United. On this submit I needed to check out this system provided by Southwest Airways.
Southwest Speedy Rewards standing match as of January 2022
Southwest Speedy Rewards has a printed status match challenge program. With this program, your elite standing with just about every other airline in the US may be matched to Southwest A-Record standing for a interval of 90 days. Then primarily based on finishing a specific amount of flying in that interval, you possibly can have your standing prolonged an extra 12 months.
What standing will Southwest Airways match?
Southwest Speedy Rewards will match elite standing with any competing airline in the US. It’s my understanding that every one elite tiers from rivals may be matched to A-Record standing (there’s no match out there to A-Record Most well-liked).
When you’ve efficiently enrolled in a Southwest Speedy Rewards A-Record standing match problem, your standing shall be legitimate for 90 days, and may be prolonged primarily based on additional qualifying exercise.
How do you preserve Southwest A-Record standing?
You’ll be able to preserve your Southwest A-Record standing past the 90 day interval by finishing six one-ways (or three roundtrips) inside that trial interval.
One wrinkle is that you simply not solely need to take these six one-way flights inside a 90 day interval, however the flights additionally need to be booked inside that timeframe. That’s a somewhat irritating restriction that you simply don’t see from different packages.
For context, Southwest A-Record standing ordinarily requires 25 one-way flights in a yr, so the requirement of six one-way flights over the course of 90 days is roughly proportional.
How lengthy is matched Southwest A-Record standing legitimate for?
Past the preliminary 90 day trial interval, you possibly can have your standing prolonged by an extra 12 months after finishing the standing problem necessities. This isn’t primarily based on the calendar yr, so there’s no want to start out a standing problem at a sure time so as to maximize worth.
How do you request a Southwest Airways standing match?
Requesting a Southwest A-Record standing match is straightforward. Simply electronic mail [email protected] with the next info:
- Full title
- Speedy Rewards quantity
- Screenshot of your present elite standing with a US primarily based provider
There are a number of additional issues to notice when making a request:
- It will possibly take as much as 12 enterprise days for a standing match request to be accredited
- Present A-Record members who’ve standing expiring aren’t eligible for this supply
- This supply may be repeated, however isn’t out there to those that have acquired promotional A-Record standing throughout the previous 12 months
- I acknowledged this above, nevertheless it’s value emphasizing — solely flights booked after enrolling within the supply are eligible, so beforehand booked journey doesn’t qualify
What are the advantages of Southwest A-Record standing?
What are Southwest A-List status perks like?
- Precedence boarding for you and everybody in your reservation (you’ll routinely be given a precedence boarding place 36 hours prematurely)
- 25% bonus factors for each qualifying flight
- Complimentary same-day standby
- Precedence check-in & safety lane entry
- Devoted A-Record telephone quantity
As you possibly can inform, the elite perks are considerably restricted in comparison with different US airways. That’s as a result of Southwest doesn’t have firstclass, and already gives all passengers two free checked baggage. However you do get precedence boarding, bonus factors, and a few airport advantages, that are higher than nothing when flying Southwest.
Is a Southwest standing match problem value it?
There are execs and cons to Southwest Airways’ standing problem program:
- On the plus aspect, you possibly can participate within the problem a number of instances through the years, so it’s not a “as soon as in a lifetime” scenario
- The draw back to Southwest’s standing problem is that it’s important to not solely take a sure variety of flights inside 90 days, but additionally need to e book inside that point interval, which is fairly restrictive
You probably have a major quantity of journey developing on Southwest, then collaborating in a standing problem might make plenty of sense.
How will you earn Southwest Companion Cross?
Whereas it’s not a conventional elite tier, Southwest additionally has Companion Cross, which is fairly profitable. With this, you possibly can take a companion with you for simply the price of taxes and charges, no matter whether or not you’re paying money or redeeming factors. This ordinarily requires 125,000 qualifying factors in a yr.
There’s no technique to standing match to this, although the excellent news is that Companion Cross may be fairly simple to earn. The excellent news is that factors earned by means of Southwest co-branded credit cards do qualify in direction of Companion Cross, and that even consists of the welcome bonuses. This consists of the next playing cards:
In some instances you will get a lot of the technique to incomes a Companion Cross with only one bank card welcome bonus.
Southwest Airways gives a standing match problem program, whereby you possibly can obtain A-Record standing for a interval of 90 days, and you’ll have it prolonged by 12 months after taking six one-way flights. This can be a fairly good alternative, particularly given you could reap the benefits of it a number of instances.
Have any OMAAT readers taken half in a Southwest standing problem? In that case, what was your expertise like?